The Hub offers a friendly, safe, stimulating environment for adults with learning disabilities to learn essential life skills; enabling each individual to reach their personal potential.
We aim to provide each of our guests with a person-centred support plan through a programme of stimulating activities and opportunities designed to promote independence and choice to help develop self-esteem and build confidence.
We promise all of our guests will:
- Feel safe, secure and free from discrimination
- Be a valued member of the community
- Live the life they choose
- Be treated with dignity and respect
We offer a full programme of varied activities at our centre which fully engage our service users.
Some of the activities we run include:
- A musical theatre and dance group
- An arts and crafts group, including sculpture and multi-cultural arts run by the ‘Communication Through Art’ government initiative
- Current affairs sessions which look at local, national and global events
- Lunch groups that encourage the development of kitchen skills and promote healthy eating
- Language skills, literacy and numeracy sessions
- Gardening club
- Fundraising and event planning
Parkhead provides a daily hot meal which our service users are encouraged to help prepare. We also have a range of sandwiches, snacks, cold dishes and drinks.
Staff are trained to administer medication to service users whilst at the centre. This includes home and prescribed medication. If the health of any of our service users deteriorates whilst attending the centre, contact will be made immediately with the responsible person noted in their personal file.
St Cuthbert’s Care’s vision is ‘to achieve excellence in all that we do’ and we aim to provide the best quality service at Parkhead.
Our quality assurance policy assures:
- Regular inspections of the centre, its personnel and finances
- Continual reassessment through ongoing annual strategic aims and objectives
- An annual audit
- Regular staff supervision
- Comprehensive comments, concerns and complaints procedure
- Comprehensive and compulsory ongoing staff training programme
St Cuthbert’s Care’s privacy notice is available as a download at www.stcuthbertscare.org.uk/privacynotice.pdf
For information about our fees and charges, please contact Centre Manager, Claire Graham on 01670 855 561,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org